We invite you and your High School to participate in a FREE county wide supported hands-on learning experience that connects your students and will set them up for success. We seek progressive high schools that want to encourage and provide technical career exploration and invest in their student’s future by exposing them to a fun, dynamic challenge called Project G.R.I.L.L.
Project G.R.I.L.L… allows students to explore a career in manufacturing through hands-on real world learning and implementation. They experience the full range of production from design, project management, and fabrication to finishing, assembly, testing, quality control, and marketing. In addition, all students can earn up to 3 credits at Lakeshore Technical College (LTC), for first and second year of participation. These credits are valued at nearly $800 for 2 years of participation. One student per school will receive a $500 scholarship good towards any accredited secondary schooling.
Throughout the school year, students will design, fabricate, and market custom grills. This process will provide an exciting and challenging delivery method for teaching competencies in the following occupational skill sets:
• Industrial Engineering Technology
• Mechanical & Concept Design Technology
• Machine Tool Technology
• Communication, Team Building, Leadership
• Metal Fabrication & Welding
• Painting & Finishing
• Time Management & Problem Solving
Opportunities in Wisconsin Manufacturing
• Manufacturers in Wisconsin account for over 19 percent of the total state output, employing over 16 percent of the state workforce.
• Manufacturing compensation is more than $24,000 higher than other non-farm employers in the state.