Project G.R.I.L.L… allows students to explore a career in manufacturing through hands-on real world learning and implementation. They experience the full range of production from design, project management, and fabrication to finishing, assembly, testing, quality control, and marketing. In addition, all students can earn up to 3 credits at Lakeshore Technical College (LTC), for first and second year of participation. These credits are valued at nearly $800 for 2 years of participation. One student per school will receive a $500 scholarship good towards any accredited secondary schooling.
Throughout the school year, students will design, fabricate, and market custom grills. This process will provide an exciting and challenging delivery method for teaching competencies in the following occupational skill sets:
• Industrial Engineering Technology
• Mechanical & Concept Design Technology
• Machine Tool Technology
• Communication, Team Building, Leadership
• Metal Fabrication & Welding
• Purchasing, Budget & Approval Processes
• Painting & Finishing
• Time Management & Problem Solving
Opportunities in Wisconsin Manufacturing
Did you know an Industrial Maintenance Tech can earn $50,000-$60,000 the first year out of Technical College?
Did you know that most employers in the area would pay for or reimburse educational costs?
Through Project G.R.I.L.L. students will be introduced to multiple career options in the field of manufacturing. The experience they receive through Project G.R.I.L.L. will place each student in a stronger position to make an educated decision about career paths and options.
• Manufacturers in Wisconsin account for over 19 percent of the total state output, employing over 16 percent of the state workforce.
• Manufacturing compensation is more than $24,000 higher than other non-farm employers in the state.
Each year at Project GRILL we look for corporate manufacturing sponsors, high schools, students, and parents that wish to join us in making a difference. It takes a lot of effort to make Project G.R.I.L.L. work, and we need your help. Check out our events calendar, for an up-to-date events schedule and get your grill on! Feel free to contact us by clicking here.